As our world becomes increasingly digital, it has dramatically changed the marketing landscape. New technologies continue to open new doors for creative marketing strategies. One emerging strategy you should be using is known as organic digital marketing. Let’s go over what exactly it is and why you should be using it.
What is Organic Digital Marketing?
Organic marketing is a term used for any form of digital marketing that does not use paid ads. This kind of digital marketing is most commonly seen in the form of social media and content. It also encompasses video sharing, SEO, and influencers.
How Can Organic Marketing Benefit Businesses?
The goal of organic marketing strategies is to create an emotional connection with your customers via informational or entertaining content to put your business at the front of their minds when they are ready to make a purchase decision.
The brand awareness and social engagement that organic marketing generates is a major factor in conversions. For this reason, businesses that rely solely on paid marketing are often wasting money. What’s more, organic digital marketing is an excellent backup to a paid marketing strategy because it drives views and followers to your company who you can eventually retarget via ads which substantially lowers your cost per click (CPC), as well as your return on ad spend (ROAS).
Other benefits of organic digital marketing include:
- Build brand awareness and an authentic audience and allows you to form genuine connections with your audience. What’s more, when you create high-value, relevant content, you will build a rapport with customers in addition to establishing your brand as a thought leader in the industry.
- Organic marketing is budget-friendly and allows you to invest your resources into high-value content that will naturally attract views to put you ahead of your competition and save you some serious cash.
- Organic marketing allows you to inform your audience while boosting traffic to your website and social platforms. When you regularly pump out innovative, valuable, and engaging content, you will quickly build a following and provide your audience with information they care about. When you do this, your audience will engage with your content and share it with their followers, putting even more eyes on your products and services.
Organic Marketing Services
There are so many digital marketing platforms out there. The best platform for your business depends on your specific market, goals, and what you’re selling. Here are a few of the most highly-used platforms for organic digital marketing:
- Facebook:Facebook is the largest social network and offers marketers a wide range of possibilities to connect with customers without paid ads.
- Instagram:Instagram is quickly overtaking Facebook among young users. It’s an image-based platform that is designed for quick, stackable bites of content.
- Pinterest: Pinterest is highly image-based, and it actually has the highest conversion rate of all social media. This platform performs especially high among fashion brands, interior design, and other highly visual businesses.
- LinkedIn:Instead of quick content bites, the LinkedIn user base prefers long-form, news-style content to help them solve problems or discuss current events at length. This is the best platform to connect with businesses and share valuable B2B content.
- Snapchat: Snapchat allows users to share short videos and pictures with their followers. Snapchat is best used to market products geared towards Gen Z and younger and is a great tool for building brand awareness.
- PR & Influencer Marketing: Digital PR is the process of connecting with bloggers, editors, and influencers to build awareness and trust in your products and services.
- YouTube: Did you know that after Google, YouTube is the second most powerful search engine? The platform offers businesses the chance to share video related to their company and allows prospects to get to know your brand on a personal level before committing to a purchase.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): SEO entails adjusting your website in order to rank higher on Google and other search engines. SEO is a critical form of organic digital marketing these days.
Organic Marketing and the Sales Funnel
Sometimes referred to as inbound marketing, organic marketing is best used to help brands develop their voice, educate your target audience, enable authentic interactions with customers and prospects, and drive traffic to your website and other online assets.
The best organic digital marketing strategy will work to build a long-lasting, trusted brand and build authority within your industry.
A big part of organic marketing is organic traffic being sent to your website.
Organic digital marketing works to drive traffic to the top of your sales funnel during the awareness stage. But, it also plays a significant role in the consideration stage where buyers are likely in the process of comparing options and delving deeper into what you offer to make a purchase decision. Organic digital marketing encourages an emotional connection between your brand and customers— the number one driver of a positive brand experience.
Measuring Digital Marketing Results
Tracking results is vital in order to ensure your organic marketing strategy is working. It allows you to see which efforts are working the best and which ones should be scaled back. With digital organic marketing, you can measure:
- Traffic, including which posts and pages are driving the most traffic,
- Leads or sales— specifically from landing pages you set up as part of your organic marketing campaign.
- Which formats and channels are driving the highest amount or converting the most traffic to your website.
Organic digital marketing may seem overwhelming at first. That’s why it’s best to count on a team of experts who can focus on optimizing your organic digital marketing strategy and efforts while continuously monitoring and tweaking them to get you the biggest ROI. This frees you up to focus on other vital daily business operations. Contact Bold Eye Media today. We’ll start with a conversation to get a clear understanding of your needs and business goals, what you’re doing right, what needs improvement, and how we can take you to the next level of success. Then, we’ll conduct extensive research about your business, competitors, and marketplace to create your custom marketing strategy.